Monday, April 30, 2007

They seek him here, they seek him there

Today, I went for a walk in Elder Park. I try to go there once a week, just to be close to nature, you understand. My gran used to take me there when I was very young, though I have no idea why, as I didn't live anywhere near it. I was born just over mile from it, though, and have worked close by for the best part of quarter of a century. It's not the nicest park you'll ever see, but it's all there is; a little oasis in a desert of deprivation.

It was cold, but bright and sunny and, as I turned the corner from Govan Road, I saw a number of people wearing rosettes and carrying leaflets. It is only three days to the election, after all. I walked past them, and along side them, more than once in the short stroll past Linthouse St. Kenneth's church. I even walked past the candidate. At no time did he, his workers or the token Muslim and token African who accompanied them, offer me a leaflet or suggest that I should vote for that party. I guess that I didn't look like a Govanite (in spite of my heritage) or didn't look like I would vote Labour. What a relief.

Sadly, I didn't have a camera, not to take photos of the ducks in the park, but to capture the moment for posterity. If any Govanites chance upon this blog, they may wish to see the guy they have elected to the Scottish parliament for two successive terms, as he spends most of his time in court earning big bucks. Having said that, perhaps some of the natives already know him from his day job. Anyway, just for the record, here is a photo of Gordon Jackson QC MSP.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here's hoping he has plenty of time to devote to his legal work after Thurday.

No comments: