Sunday, July 29, 2012

Operation Tidy-Up


I don’t normally go on my summer holidays from Saturday to Saturday. I tend to take two weeks off and go from Wednesday to Wednesday, giving me plenty of time to have a rest before I go and tackle the washing, ironing and tidying after I come back. This year, due to a combination of my good fortune in obtaining a ticket for the John Wilson Orchestra’s (and a stellar cast’s) performance of ‘My Fair Lady’ at the Proms and an unfortunately-timed 50th birthday, I was forced to take my annual break in Llandudno during the last full week of July, and so I returned home just after midnight on Saturday, i.e. 21 hours ago. I’m knackered, and it may take me until my next trip away at the end of August to sort everything out. What do you mean ‘it doesn’t take 14 hours to drive from North Wales to Glasgow’? I know that, but I had to stop off in Edinburgh on the way (OK, not exactly on the way).

My exploits away from home are being detailed (or will be detailed, when I get around to writing them up) in my other blogs, as is my taking in the match between Glasgow City Ladies FC and Forfar Farmington FC this afternoon. Earlier this year, I decided to have a blog devoted to my travels outside of Glasgow postal districts and, if you take a wee look, you can see that I have been hard at work keeping the world informed of my experiences (not), as I was being a little over-ambitious in thinking that I could do it all from my mobile phone! As well as this, I decided to start a footie blog following the recent upheaval in Scottish football, Now, I think it might be time for a concert blog. You can catch up with all the fun here:

True Adventures (travel blog)
Sent To The Stands (football blog)
Best Seat In The House (concert blog)

I bet you’re hoping that I’m going to shut this blog down. Well, you’re wrong. It’s sub-heading isn’t ‘Irreverent and irrelevant opinions on everything and nothing’ for, er, nothing. As I said, I’ve been on holiday. Sadly, both for me and for you, dear reader (s), I have missed the much-praised Olympic opening ceremony, as well as a great deal of the action, so far. I have missed that piece of slime, Tony Blair, trying to get back into politics and I have missed some super-rich, dodgy-dealing, Mormon arsehole coming over here and tell us we can’t run a piss-up in a brewery, amongst other things. However, it’s the summer, the silly season, and I’m sure I’ll have lots to tell you about before it's over. Don’t you worry your pretty, little head (s).

No comments: