Friday, January 20, 2012

Rage against the machine

Have I been here before? Are you sure I've never been here before?  It seems like yesterday that I woke up to reports that English Tories (is there any other kind?) want to condemn the Scottish people to winters more miserable than they are already. Well, yes, I have been here before. I e-mailed the MP responsible for the Private Member's Bill to change our clocks, effectively, to CET. Did we get blown to France in that storm a few weeks ago? No. Is France even in Central Europe? No. Should we just lie back and think of England? No. Did the bitch write back? No.

We had Stuart Pearce and Hope Powell up here yesterday banging the drum for the 'TeamGB' football team and, every minute of every day now, some 'Unionist' politician tells us that the only way we'll ever earn the right to self-determination is if we move to the Falkland Islands. 2012? The year that everything changes? The year that the worm finally turns? I hope so.

No comments: