Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's only a day away

Tomorrow. What is the point of tomorrow? This isn't another question from my (as yet unwritten) tome 'Cod Philosophy for Beginners'. It's something I've always wanted to find out. No, really, tell me? Why the hell do we need an extra day? OK, it's some sort of con to do with the earth not going round the sun in exactly 365 days, and screwing up calendars, but what I want to know is 'do I get paid?', 'does it count towards my pension?' and 'can't I get reimbursed for having to put up with an extra day every four years when I find 365 too many?'  I suspect that no one will ever answer those questions to my satisfaction, so I'll just have to bear this extra burden with my customary good humour. Needless to say, I shall not be proposing to anyone.

No comments: